The game involves archers shooting arrows at a designated target, and players place bets on the outcome, predicting the number of arrows that will hit the target. Shillong Teer has gained a significant following and is known for its unique and centuries-old tradition.
Here’s how Shillong Teer typically works:
- Archery Rounds: The game Shillong Teer Ending Number is conducted in two rounds each day, usually in the afternoon. In the first round, known as the “first round,” archers shoot a predetermined number of arrows at the target.
- Target Selection: The target consists of a wooden board with numbers from 1 to 100 marked on it. The numbers are randomly selected for each round.
- Betting: Players place their bets on the numbers they believe will be hit by the arrows in both rounds. Bets can be placed on individual numbers, combinations, or even specific types of hits (such as “single” or “double” hits).
- Archery Results: After the first round is completed, the arrows are counted to determine the number of hits on the target. This count becomes the first-digit result. For example, if there are 58 hits in the first round, the first-digit result is 5.
- Second Round: The second round of archery is conducted in the same manner as the first round. After the second round, the arrows are counted to determine the number of hits, which becomes the second-digit result. For example, if there are 72 hits in the second round, the second-digit result is 2.
- Outcome Determination: The final outcome is a two-digit number created by combining the first and second-digit results. In this example, the outcome would be 52.
- Winners and Payouts: Players who placed bets on the outcome 52 or any combination involving 52 are declared winners and receive payouts based on the odds and the amount of their bets.
Shillong Teer is not only a popular gambling game but also a cultural attraction in Meghalaya. It has its roots in traditional archery practices and has evolved into a unique form of entertainment and betting. The game’s results are often displayed and announced in local newspapers and online platforms, attracting participants and enthusiasts from various regions. Please note that while Shillong Teer is a significant part of local culture and tradition, it is subject to legal regulations and restrictions in India.